Many fun CNC things, plus ID tips

Deborah Barber

May 7, 2021, 7:58:46 AM5/7/21
to dc-area-cityn...@googlegroups.com

Hello CNC-ophiles!

We worked hard and had fun at our ID party on Wednesday night! Here is the recording of the session:  CNC 2021 Virtual ID Party If you haven’t discovered the Suggestions function on desktop iNat, it’s worth a look.  Start at 2:10 to get past the intro straight to the demo.

Here is a quick, older but mostly still correct YouTube ID tutorial: How to use iNat’s Identify page

Here are CNC-DC 2021 observations that still need ID.

Remember that you have through the weekend to upload photos and sound files taken during the observation period, and to do ID’s.  The tally is taken on Monday morning!

Adding sounds

How to upload camera photos

If you feel overwhelmed with camera photos, see Carrie’s very helpful journal entry on workflow.

Next up!  Our fun CNC Celebration is Monday evening May 10th, 7pm!  Register here: Virtual CNC Celebration Now accepting nominations! Here's the CNC Stories Nomination Form we created to collect stories for superlatives. We have some fun categories. Due May 8th. Some will be featured at the celebration.

Finally!  Save your observation and favorite action shots here. Please include some caption details so we know how to credit the pics.

Deborah