Invitation to Virtual ID Party!

Deborah Barber

Apr 28, 2020, 9:07:04 AM4/28/20
to dc-area-cityn...@googlegroups.com

This year’s conditions have challenged us to try many new things for the City Nature Challenge—virtual trainings and meetings, exploring new places close to home—and we are still innovating!  We are planning a virtual ID party Wednesday night to pool our knowledge and increase the quality of our DC area iNaturalist data.  We’ve developed an approach that allows everyone to contribute, whatever their level of identification confidence.  We’ll share some iNaturalist tips that may be new to you, set up groups to help you with tricky ID’s, and provide some tricks you can use on your own to finish out the identification period (until May 3) strong! No worries if you can only attend part of the time, we’ll be happy to have you. We hope to “see” you there!

*****

City Nature Challenge Virtual ID Party

Wednesday, April 29th

7:00 - 9:00 pm

Whether you are a novice or expert naturalist, you can help identify many of the CNC-DC finds that need IDs!  Bring your favorite beverage and snack and join DC area iNaturalists for this fun, casual session. We will learn tips & tricks on species identifications, as well as using iNaturalist desktop functions to play to your own natural history strengths (even if you feel you have none!) Please bring your mobile device to the session as well.

Register in advance for this meeting:

https://tnc.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMofumuqzwtHdU0eZdloffvU0aW2bMVQ8AN

 After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

*****

Deborah

Deborah Barber
Director of Land Management
dba...@tnc.org
240.630.7042 (Phone)
nature.org/MarylandDC

               The Nature Conservancy
               Maryland/DC Chapter

               425 Barlow Place

               Suite 100

               Bethesda, MD 20814

At TNC we work flexibly, so while it suits me to email now, I don’t anticipate a response outside your normal hours.

Stella Tarnay

Apr 29, 2020, 10:26:22 AM4/29/20
to dc-area-cityn...@googlegroups.com
Greetings CNC Friends - a reminder that the regional City Nature Challenge Virtual ID Party via Zoom is tonight! See Deborah's note below on registration.

Also, with the sun and predicted warm temperatures today, we may have an opportunity to log insect observations for City Nature Month, which goes on through tomorrow. Please keep a look out for those buzzies around spring blooms and native plant gardens!

See many of you this evening on Zoom.

Stella