City nature Challenge and Citizen Science

Alonso Abugattas

May 3, 2020, 7:29:46 PM5/3/20
to DC-area CityNatureChallenge

This a short blog from my Capital Naturalist social media presence featuring this year’s City Nature Challenge and CitizenSscience, featuring a discovery of a salamander not made in Arlington County by a student volunteer since 1977: https://capitalnaturalist.blogspot.com/2020/05/citizen-science-and-city-nature.html  Thanks.

Alonso Abugattas

Natural Resources Manager

Arlington County Parks, VA

2700 S. Taylor Street

Arlington, VA 22206

Office: 703-228-7742

Cell:     571-235-2368

Any email sent to/from Arlington County email addresses may be subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).

Molines, Karyn L.

May 4, 2020, 8:24:29 AM5/4/20
to Alonso Abugattas, DC-area CityNatureChallenge

Alonso-

This is an absolutely amazing, and well written, example of how everyone can help contribute to our understanding of biodiversity.

Karyn Molines CC-P® | Natural Resources Division Chief

Calvert County Government Department of Parks & Recreation

Natural Resources Division

Office: 410-535-5327

www.calvertcountymd.gov/NaturalResources

COVID-19: Calvert County continues to share the latest updates surrounding our county’s response to COVID-19 including any precautionary measures, guidance and closures through our virtual resource center. Updates can also be found on the county’s Facebook page and Comcast Channel 6.

Alonso Abugattas

May 4, 2020, 10:46:33 AM5/4/20
to Molines, Karyn L., DC-area CityNatureChallenge

Thanks, that was the overall point I was hoping to achieve.

Alonso