Encoding issues with DBXTalk and Glorp

Esteban A. Maringolo

Sep 24, 2013, 10:06:05 AM9/24/13
to dbx...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to search for an object in the database by means of the following GLORP query:

session readOneOf: User where: [:one | one name = 'Martín'].

There is no matching row in the database.

But I get the following error:
DBXRecoverableError: RECOVERABLE OpenDBX: ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xed 0x6e 0x27

On the other hand, if I insert a row manually, when I get the name back (read from the database) I get 'Martín' instead of the original 'Martín'.

Should I define the encoding I want to use somewhere else?

Regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo

Friedrich Dominicus

Sep 24, 2013, 10:14:00 AM9/24/13
to dbx...@googlegroups.com
Bin dabei, habe eigentlich die Sachen soweit zusammen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Friedrich Dominicus

--
Q-Software Solutions GmbH; Sitz: Bruchsal; Registergericht: Mannheim
Registriernummer: HRB232138; Geschaeftsfuehrer: Friedrich Dominicus

Milan Mimica

Sep 24, 2013, 11:36:46 AM9/24/13
to dbx...@googlegroups.com
Login new
database: GRSSPostgreSQLPlatform new;
username: 'username';
password: 'password';
connectString: (postgreHost, ':', postgrePort asString, '_', postgreSchema);
encodingStrategy: (DBXStaticEncoding newForEncoding: #utf8)

Note the encodingStrategy: thing at the end!

Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net

Esteban A. Maringolo

Sep 24, 2013, 1:08:35 PM9/24/13
to dbx...@googlegroups.com
2013/9/24 Milan Mimica <milan....@gmail.com>
Login new
database: GRSSPostgreSQLPlatform new;
username: 'username';
password: 'password';
connectString: (postgreHost, ':', postgrePort asString, '_', postgreSchema);
encodingStrategy: (DBXStaticEncoding newForEncoding: #utf8)

Note the encodingStrategy: thing at the end!

Perfect! It did the trick.
I was setting the encoding in the Platform instance, with no effect.

Thank you very much.