Dbup journaling

Mani A

Oct 27, 2016, 1:35:31 PM10/27/16
to DbUp Discuss
Is there a way I could specify the database name for the journal table? If so how can I do this?

Right now the parameters to the Journal is schema, tablename.

Thanks!
Mani

Darrell Tunnell

Oct 27, 2016, 2:50:42 PM10/27/16
to DbUp Discuss
I don't believe so, because DbUp looks for the journal table in the Db that's being upgraded. Having a separate database for this is probably a bad idea because if you restore the database you also have to remember to restore the separate database containing it's journal table to keep them in line. This will add maintainer overhead and invite problems. Still if you are intent on doing things that way, you can implement your own IJournal class and supply that to DbUp when doing the upgrade. Your custom journal can put the journal records wherever it likes..

Darrell

Mani A

Oct 27, 2016, 2:55:44 PM10/27/16
to DbUp Discuss