Possible formation of a new group for Django Developers

murats...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2017, 7:10:32 AM2/1/17
to Django Bath and Bristol Users Group
Hi *,

I have just found out about the Django Bath and Bristol Users Group but see there has hasn't been much activity going on recently.

I would like to set up an active group for Django developers in and around Bristol we're we can socialize and exchange ideas.

Would anyone like to join?

Regards

Murat

Dan Fairs

Feb 1, 2017, 7:16:12 AM2/1/17
to Django Bath and Bristol Users Group
Hey Murat

You're right - it's been pretty quiet! However, I'm not sure that setting up a new group would actually achieve the goals - after all, a group is made up of people, and it's likely that most of the people you want to reach are already here :)

If you haven't already, take a look at our meetup group here:

We'd very much welcome folks to step up and get meetings going, since I don't think the official organisers have much available bandwidth at the moment. So if you want to organise a get-together - please go ahead! Happy to either put details on meetup.com myself for you, or grant you the ability to do that yourself.

Oh - and welcome :)

Cheers,
Dan

Ed Crewe

Feb 1, 2017, 7:16:12 AM2/1/17
to db...@googlegroups.com
Hi Murat,

Pretty much all activity has moved to the meetup group instead of using this email list.
We had a meetup a couple of months ago.

We are getting regular members signing up to the meetup group (around 260 members) … but not many on this list.

See

We do tend to meetup every 2 or 3 months. So possibly a little irregular :-)

If you would like to get involved in arranging meetups that is great. But you might as well do so via the meetup site since it gets a lot more traffic I believe.

Or alternatively I will aim to at least set up a social meetup at a pub in central Bristol in the next month, and we can discuss it then.

Thanks,
Ed

On 31 Jan 2017, at 21:18, murats...@gmail.com wrote:

up

Dan Fairs

Feb 1, 2017, 7:16:54 AM2/1/17
to db...@googlegroups.com
Also, me and Ed appear to be psychically linked...

Ed Crewe

Feb 1, 2017, 7:18:29 AM2/1/17
to db...@googlegroups.com
Yeah … hi Dan :-)

murats...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2017, 11:13:01 AM2/6/17
to Django Bath and Bristol Users Group
Hi,

Thanks for the reply guys. It's good to know that the group is still going. Looking forward to the next meeting.

Best regards,

Murat