Postgres experts?

Richard Donkin

Apr 29, 2015, 1:32:53 PM4/29/15
to db...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know real Postgres experts (or companies) who might be available for a 5 days or so consultancy, focusing on performance optimisation, scalability, replication, etc? This is for a Django app so it's just about relevant to this list - and advising on ORM use would be helpful too.

Work can be remote,  though we are in Bath so being able to us here would be helpful.

If you want more details, please contact me off-list.

Cheers,

Richard

Daniele Procida

Apr 29, 2015, 1:38:38 PM4/29/15
to db...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Apr 29, 2015, Richard Donkin <ric...@cloudfindhq.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know real Postgres experts (or companies) who might be
>available for a 5 days or so consultancy, focusing on performance
>optimisation, scalability, replication, etc? This is for a Django app so
>it's just about relevant to this list - and advising on ORM use would be
>helpful too.

Yes, absolutely. Try these people: <http://2015.djangocon.eu/news/2nd-quadrant/>.

If you come to DjangoCon you can meet them too, but drop Howard a line either via their website or on +44 870 766 7756, he'll be really pleased to talk to you.

Regards,

Daniele

Nate Aune

Apr 29, 2015, 4:11:27 PM4/29/15
to db...@googlegroups.com
You might try Josh Berkus: https://pgexperts.com/team/josh_berkus/
or Selena Decklemann - http://www.chesnok.com/

Richard Donkin

May 3, 2015, 10:47:04 AM5/3/15
to db...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nate and Daniele for the pointers.

Cheers,

Richard