Dbpedia categories

Meguebli Youssef

Jun 22, 2015, 8:04:17 AM6/22/15
to dbpedia-da...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

I am working on a research project related to semantic personalization. My current goal is to model user's activities on a semantic way. For this purpose, we suggest to model user's interests using a set of weighted categories. It is to note that each category corresponds to a given topic.

My first question is about the hierarchy of categories on Dbpedia, namely can I select a specific level of categories. This is very important for me to select the level of specificity and generality of selected categories.

The second question is related to how to compute the weight of interest for each category. To have this information, we should be able to define the category of consumed contents by the user. Thus, my question is whether I can have the category of consumed content using Dbpedia ? In other terms, as input I have a list tags representing the consumed content and as result I get, using DBpedia,  the categroy to which the consumed content is belongs.

Thank you in advance !

Dimitris Kontokostas

Jun 24, 2015, 2:15:33 AM6/24/15
to Meguebli Youssef, dbpedia-da...@googlegroups.com
Dear Meguebli,

You should send this mail to the DBpedia discussion list

This list exists for a project that ended 2.5 years ago

Best,
Dimitris

Kontokostas Dimitris