Dealing with Data

Silver Bullet

Sep 12, 2019, 10:28:59 AM9/12/19
to dbfit
What is the method for dealing with testing procs that read and update tables?  Specifically, if I have a bunch of tables that already have data in them how can I fake/stub out a table so that it only contains data that pertains to my test and not worry about the other data in the tables?

Mark Matten

Sep 28, 2019, 5:43:23 PM9/28/19
to dbfit
Can you provide a specific example?

You can probably use transaction control.

In Flow Mode tests (depending upon the database being used), all DML is wrapped in a transaction that is rolled back at the end of the test. E.g. you could truncate all of the tables touched by the stored procedure at the start of your test/page.

Standalone Mode has explicit transaction control commands.