Question about commit 14865

1 view

Yanick Champoux

Jun 21, 2011, 9:03:24 PM6/21/11
to dbd-o...@googlegroups.com, John Scoles
Hi all,

This week I have been given some tuits to work on Oracle, wee!

As I'm moving my master branch alongside trunk, I'm trying to make
sense of the commits that have been done. There is one that is puzzling
me a little bit. It's revision 14865, which can be peeked at
at

http://svn.perl.org/viewvc/modules/dbd-oracle/trunk/Oracle.xs?r1=14861&r2=14865

or

https://github.com/yanick/DBD-Oracle/commit/18bc63b4a76e777848d4bfad163ade90fa01eaa2

The commit's message says that it's a fix for 32 bit boxes, but from I
can see, it's moving variable declarations in the PREINIT blocks, and
moving the functions ora_db_startup and ora_db_shutdown in
DBD::Oracle::db instead of DBD::Oracle::st. Am I missing something obvious?

Joy,
`/anick

Gwen Shapira

Jun 22, 2011, 2:05:39 PM6/22/11
to dbd-o...@googlegroups.com, John Scoles
Don't see anything remotely 32bit related in the diff.

--
The best compliment you could give Pythian for our service is a referral.

Yanick Champoux

Jun 23, 2011, 1:12:06 PM6/23/11
to dbd-o...@googlegroups.com, Gwen Shapira
On 06/22/11 14:05, Gwen Shapira wrote:
> Don't see anything remotely 32bit related in the diff.

Thanks, I was beginning to doubt my sanity there. :-)

I think we can keep the commit there, as it doesn't seem to do
anything too noxious. The only thing I semi-fear is the move of the
startup/shutdown functions, but if that breaks something, we'll know it
as soon as we try running the beast.

Joy,
`/anick