Some Git resources

Yanick Champoux

Nov 11, 2011, 11:38:57 AM11/11/11
to dbd-o...@googlegroups.com

Github tutorials - http://help.github.com/

Bart's presentation to OGRE - http://excess.org/article/2008/07/ogre-git-tutorial/

Free Git e-book: http://progit.org/book/

    I wouid also offer to fire up a projector and have a quick lunch'n'learn, but you guys are rather far away for that. ;-)

Joy,
`/anick

--
Yanick Champoux, Senior Perl Developer
The Pythian Group - love your data

Jared Still

Nov 14, 2011, 11:52:42 AM11/14/11
to dbd-o...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 8:38 AM, Yanick Champoux <cham...@pythian.com> wrote:

Github tutorials - http://help.github.com/

Bart's presentation to OGRE - http://excess.org/article/2008/07/ogre-git-tutorial/

Free Git e-book: http://progit.org/book/

    I wouid also offer to fire up a projector and have a quick lunch'n'learn, but you guys are rather far away for that. ;-)

Thanks Yanick, got the book some time back, it is quite good.

Git is up and running, pulled the (then) current code, etc.

Just need to get a better handle on branching  and merging.

Had some experience with it in CVS at my previous employer, but not
enough to be proficient.

That, and more time.  This month - training, new carpet in the house, and vacation.
I will be glad when this week is over.

Next month I dedicate some time to DBD::Oracle.

Jared

Yanick Champoux

Nov 14, 2011, 1:30:45 PM11/14/11
to dbd-o...@googlegroups.com
On 11/14/11 11:52, Jared Still wrote:
> Just need to get a better handle on branching and merging.
>
> Had some experience with it in CVS at my previous employer, but not
> enough to be proficient.

Aaaah, yes. From CVS there might be... a slight learning curve.
Kinda upgrading a flint-tipped spear for a BFG 2000. But, trust me, it's
going to be worth it. The BFG 2000 is a little harder to understand, but
with it, dealing with mammoths is going to be a breeze. :-)

> Next month I dedicate some time to DBD::Oracle.

\o/

Joy,
`/anick