How to connect to mysql server using SSL

chrishe...@gmail.com

May 5, 2017, 3:11:21 PM5/5/17
to DB Solo
Hi everybody,

I have three PEM files given to me by google cloud to connect to the mysql server using SSL.

The files are the following:
 - The certificate of the server.
 - My certificate.
 - My private key.

What do I need to do in order to connect using de JDBC driver in DB Solo.

Thanks in advance!

DB Solo Admin

May 6, 2017, 10:37:42 AM5/6/17
to DB Solo
First you need to put your certificates in the correct keystore/truststore, you can find more information here

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-j/5.1/en/connector-j-reference-using-ssl.html

Then in DB Solo under the additional JDBC properties add 'useSSL' and set it to 'true'.

Finally you need to start DB Solo with the following arguments that point to the truststore/keystore you set up earlier

dbsolo.exe
-J-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=path_to_keystore_file
-J-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=password
-J-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=path_to_truststore_file
-J-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=password

Marko

Msacs

Mar 22, 2021, 9:45:20 PM3/22/21
to DB Solo
hi,

Can you guide me how to start Dbsolo.exe with the following properties?
-J-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=path_to_keystore_file
-J-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=password
-J-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=path_to_truststore_file
-J-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=password

Thx