Import Tool (minor, but annoying behavior)

Victor Mascari

Mar 11, 2020, 10:32:08 AM3/11/20
to DB Solo
This is a minor issue, but, one I feel might be annoying enough that it would be great if it could be fixed.

When you import a file and the delimiter matches the file, then the Column Names under "Inserted Value" correspond to the columns in the file.

That works great.

But, if the next file you import has a delimiter that is different than the last delimiter used, the "Inserted Value" column only has the 1st Column defined, the rest are "<NULL>" and have to be selected manually.

On files with a few columns, no big deal.  But on files with a lot of columns it is annoying. The only workaround I've found so far is to hit "next", let it error and then restart the import process so that the "last used" delimiter matches the file.

You can easily reproduce this effect by starting the import process and then changing the delimiter to something else and then back to the one that matches the file.  The "Inserted Value" column is reset as described as above.

Thank you for a great product.

DB Solo Admin

Mar 18, 2020, 5:26:59 PM3/18/20
to DB Solo
Can you try the latest from here, it has a potential fix for your issue

Marko

Victor Mascari

Apr 16, 2020, 8:57:27 AM4/16/20
to DB Solo
@Marko,

I apologize for the month delay - with all of the shutdowns here in Ohio and the change of work routine, I forgot to follow up to your extremely rapid response.

The fix you put it works wonderfully.

Thank you so much!

Victor Mascari