books by Mary Higgins Clarke

Chris Cook

Jan 20, 2019, 12:14:32 PM1/20/19
to db-bo...@googlegroups.com
Hello, fellow bookworms. Have any of you read books by
Mary Higgins Clarke? I'm reading one two volume one right
now called Just Take My Heart. It's about shall fellow
named Gregg Aldrich, whose wife was shot and killed on her
own premises. She died from the shot. Before that happened
they had been divorced, and her wife Natalie said not to
come visit her or call her. She wanted him out of his life,
but, all the same, he rented a car and drove past her house.
He didn't see her there directly. A fellow named Jimmy
Easton, who had a criminal record for stealing things while
on a job, found Gregg in a bar and chatted with him. At one
point Gregg called Natalie on the phone, only to be loudly
brushed off by him, and said he could have killed her. He
was in court and so was Jimmy Easton. Easton was believed
to have been hired to kill Natalie, and was in prison. I
don't yet know whether Gregg Aldrich may be proven innocent
or guilty. If he was found guilty, likely he would get life
imprisonment.
Chris

Piergiorgio Morten

Jan 20, 2019, 12:28:21 PM1/20/19
to db-bo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris’
This book sounds interesting but kind of confusing with shooting as well as Natalie killed herself not greg or Jimmy!! By the Way you mentioned “her Wife” that makes me wondering What is this! Is She lesbian?
Anyway right now I am reading this Western novel called “The Rainbow trail” by zane Grey. It is a 5 volumes. I really don’t know what is this about as well as I only started reading the first chapter called “red lak”.
Happy reading

Pg.Morten Sent from my Amethyst iPad mini 4

On Jan 20, 2019, at 9:14 AM, Chris Cook <cc...@dslextreme.com> wrote:

[...]

Chris Cook

Jan 20, 2019, 12:43:27 PM1/20/19
to db-bo...@googlegroups.com
Ok Pier, I will try to explain more clearly. Natalie
Aldrich was found dead on her premises was another woman,
and died before she could be saved. It was believed that
Gregg Aldrich hired
jimmy Easton to shoot her. Gregg had a daughter named
Katie, who was broken up about her father being tried for a
murder that he might not have devised, and Gregg turned to
Michael Moore, an attorney in the court where he was being
tried, about getting a guardian for Katie in case they sent
him to jail for life. Michael couldn't be the one to live
with her, but she could live with Alice Mills, who was
Natalie's mother. I am more than halfway through this book.
I've heard of Zane Grey, but I haven't read that novel you
just mentioned. I've read books by other western writers
like Max Brand, Louis L'amour, and Lewis b. Patten. I
noticed that some of
zane Grey's novels mentioned cattle rustlers and how they !
hanged for stealing cattle. I read one by him called
majesty's Rancho, which was about a rancher named Gene
Stewart and his daughter Majesty, who was kidnapped by
cattle rustlers who were big city gangsters with trucks, a
lot of money and machine guns. One of the rustlers was
hanged, and two others, including the boss, were shot.
Chris ?----- Original Message -----
From: Piergiorgio Morten <itali...@shaw.ca
To: db-bo...@googlegroups.com
Date sent: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 09:28:10 -0800
Subject: Re: [DB-Bookworms] books by Mary Higgins Clarke

<cc...@dslextreme.com> wrote:

Hello, fellow bookworms. Have any of you read books by
Mary Higgins Clarke? I'm reading one two volume one right
now called Just Take My Heart. It's about shall fellow
named Gregg Aldrich, whose wife was shot and killed on her
own premises. She died from the shot. Before that happened
they had been divorced, and her wife Natalie said not to
come visit her or call her.. She wanted him out of his
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
=-=--=-

Piergiorgio Morten

Jan 20, 2019, 1:16:48 PM1/20/19
to db-bo...@googlegroups.com
Chris’ okay Thanks for clarifying this.
Don’t forget about Larry McMurtry’s western novels that We once shared about some of larry Mutry’s novels.
Pier

Pg.Morten Sent from my Amethyst iPad mini 4
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-

Chris Cook

Jan 20, 2019, 1:39:19 PM1/20/19
to db-bo...@googlegroups.com
Oh, yes, Pier, I read some of Larry McMultry's books in the
past.
Chris
just mentioned.. I've read books by other western writers
come visit her or call her... She wanted him out of his

Andrea A

Jan 20, 2019, 1:42:58 PM1/20/19
to db-bo...@googlegroups.com

I have read Mary Higgins Clark books. They are good. I even read her books back in college as well. She has been writing for many years. -Andrea/Toons

On 1/20/2019 12:14 PM, Chris Cook wrote:
[...]

Andrea A

Jan 20, 2019, 1:45:09 PM1/20/19
to db-bo...@googlegroups.com

No, there is no lesbian in any of Mary Higgins Clark books. I think Chris might have meant his? I read that book a few years back. I don't remember a lot off the top of my head. - Andrea/Toons

Chris Cook

Jan 20, 2019, 2:58:05 PM1/20/19
to db-bo...@googlegroups.com
I don't know what made pier ask that question about
lesbians.
Chris

Jan 20, 2019, 3:52:35 PM1/20/19
to db-bo...@googlegroups.com, Chris Cook
chris,

simmer down. pier only came up with his own idea, as he didn't as you if
she was lesbian. the way how you typed to us and he guessed in his own
idea. nothing wrong. just a thought. wink!

chris, otherwise, sometimes women could have own emotional aspects. some
women would call men cruel because of the way how men treat women liek
this. and sometimes women woudl turn to own sex, not opposite sex. it is
only imaginary. but sometimes can be true. it is juat natural. does this
help you?

happy reading,

rich

Piergiorgio Morten

Jan 20, 2019, 4:11:25 PM1/20/19
to db-bo...@googlegroups.com
Rich’ Ya I saw “her Wife” which Made me wodering but Andrea believes that he means “his wife” which he may have made a mistake!
Happy reading

Pg.Morten Sent from my Amethyst iPad mini 4

Chris Cook

Jan 20, 2019, 4:51:51 PM1/20/19
to db-bo...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I meant his wife when I mentioned Natalie Raines.
Chris

Rich’ Ya I saw “her Wife” which Made me wodering but
Andrea believes that he means “his wife” which he may
have made a mistake!
Happy reading

Pg.Morten Sent from my Amethyst iPad mini 4