Fwd: [Misfits] Invitation to subscribe to DB Touch Of Everything

plsnth...@aol.com

Mar 10, 2020, 9:58:51 PM3/10/20
to db-gold...@googlegroups.com, mu...@googlegroups.com, db-bo...@googlegroups.com

Here's the invitation and info for DB Touch Of Everything.  You all can share this with whoever you want.
---
You are invited to receive the free DeafBlind-friendly e-zine called DB Touch Of Everything.  DB TOE is a unique variety “magazine” that is distributed by email through a Google Group.  Items for reading are sent individually by the editors, instead of a whole magazine.  No fancy fonts or graphics, just simple email text that’s compatible with Braille displays, screen magnifiers and audio screen readers.  As the name suggests, the articles can be personal perspectives, news, information, fiction, poetry, humor and anything else that meets our quality standards.  There is no cost to you; the editors and contributors are volunteers who want to provide accessible reading material for those with sensory disabilities and other interested readers.

The link below will take you to the DB Touch Of Everything page:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/db-toe

If you have trouble joining the mailing list from the website, you can send an email requesting subscription to DB Touch Of Everything to the editor at:
scottm...@yahoo.com

If you are interested in contributing written works to DB Touch Of Everything, see the guidelines below.

DB TOE Contribution Guidelines

Please remember that this is a free e-zine, which means we can’t pay contributors.  A submission should include the following:
1.  Title of the work.
2.  Category of the work, such as Essay, Fiction, News, Information, Poem, Joke and so on.  Put the category in parentheses under the title.
3.  A byline for the original author of the item.  If you are sharing something another person wrote, you must include the author’s name and then add your name with “submitted by” in front.  If you are summarizing something you read in the news, you can just put “news summarized by” and then your name.
4.  If the item is copyrighted, include the copyright info.  Works in the public domain don’t have copyrights and are OK to share.  However, you can’t share a work someone else has copyrighted without the copyright holder’s express permission.  You can share work you have copyrighted yourself.
5.  If you are sharing a public domain item from another source, include the name of the source.

Disclaimer: There will be a disclaimer in the automatic footer of every post that ensures the contributor of the item posted (you) claims the legal right to share the item.  That means if you unlawfully violate a copyright, the other editors and contributors of DB Touch Of Everything are not responsible.  Be careful that you don’t submit someone else’s copyrighted text without express permission from the holder of the copyright.

Length: We prefer works under 5,000 words.  No book-length material, please.
He moved out of this
We Don’t Want Material That Is: Sexually explicit, intensely gory, hateful, supremacist, politically or religiously pushy, intolerant or decidedly offensive.  We also don’t want photos or videos.  Don’t use fancy or colorful fonts.

We Want Material That Is: Easy to read, entertaining, informative or relevant to those with sensory disabilities (especially the DeafBlind).  We literally want to include a “touch of everything” that’s wholesome, fun or interesting without being offensive.  Our primary audience is people with sensory disabilities; however, subject matter is not limited to disabilities.

To submit a work for DB Touch Of Everything, copy and paste the work into an email, after following the above guidelines, and send it to the editor at:
scottm...@yahoo.com

richst...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2020, 11:09:25 PM3/10/20
to DB-BookChat
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to db-mi...@googlegroups.com.
Please add me to the DB-TOE group. Thanks,

Rich Stewart
richst...@gmail.com