fantasy stories

Chris Cook

Jul 15, 2019, 11:14:00 AM7/15/19
to db-bo...@googlegroups.com
Hello, fellow bookworms. Does anybody on here have a taste
for fantasy novels? I finished one children's book only
yesterday called The Nixie's Song Tony Di'terlizzi. It was
about two kids named Nicholas and Laurie VARGAS, another kid
named Jared Spiderwick and an old Negro guy named Noseeum
Jack, who were going to fight giants. First Nicholas and
Laurie found a live but unconscious Nixie named Taloa out of
a pond character she was supposed to live, and, by means of
a wheelbarrow, got her back into the water where she
belonged. At first Nicholas found her repulsive because she
was all green and froglike, but she turned out to be a
friendly creature. She begged the Vargas children to find
her sisters. They tried, but found three of them burned to
death, and they discovered a terrible giant who ate
salamanders, including fire ones, and they booby-trapped him
with a wire. Then Noseeum Jack came along with a large
machette and killed the giant while he was still caught. He
told the children they must seek out and try to exterminate
all giants that had come too after some years of being
asleep, or they would burn the whole state of Florida. I
think there may be sequels to this book. I've always
enjoyed reading mythology and any books about make believe
creatures.
Chris