Forcing Lingor startup

russwa...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2012, 6:28:39 AM9/4/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
I need a workaround to join a private server. I can add it in favourites, but it's not reporting to D/Comm that it's currently running Lingor and D/Comm launches the game in DayZ mode. Can I pass parameters that will force the game to launch with Lingor?

The server is Rhinocrunch's (from youtube) "Lingor Island Madhouse" 66.212.17.213:2302, but highlights where forcing may be appropriate with other servers incorrectly reporting the running mod, and where the user can confirm the correct mod manually.

It also runs Version:1.62.95824 (I guess this is the BattlEye version?) which I can't find so I can't use the game's own launcher either (I've tried).

and...@bashtech.net

Sep 5, 2012, 8:23:13 PM9/5/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com, russwa...@gmail.com
I'm curious about that myself. I recently set up a Lingor server and need to know the required "format" for it to be recognized by DayZ Commander as a Lingor server.

krisf...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2012, 9:24:25 AM9/11/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com, russwa...@gmail.com
I'd like to chime in and say that I noticed the same issue when running Bliss's DayZ Lingor server as well. When I launch my private server from DayZ Commander it shows the DayZ splash screen rather than the Lingor Island splash screen and then I get errors saying I cannot "Play/Edit" the mission due to missing/deleted downloaded content. I can launch other Lingor servers on the Internet I see through the DayZ Commander screen just fine.

I can connect to my private server when I run a custom batch file that starts the beta version installed with the -mod parameter pointing to the Lingor island @ folders.

I am only testing my server on my LAN privately so the work around is not much of an issue but when I share it out onto the Internet later then it will be annoying if my friends have to do the workaround as well.

Thanks,

Krisfallion

191n...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2012, 5:40:34 PM9/15/12