arma 2 update doesnt work

nightwolf

Sep 9, 2012, 4:19:14 AM9/9/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
it says my arma 2 version is ready for an update but after i did that it refreshes and says i'm outdated again and it shows me the update i just downloaded again.........and if i ignore that and want to play i suddenly have an older battleye version and that needs to be updated again..

why isnt arma 2 updating properly??

oxx...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2012, 10:52:12 AM9/9/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
On Sunday, September 9, 2012 10:19:14 AM UTC+2, nightwolf wrote:
> it says my arma 2 version is ready for an update but after i did that it refreshes and says i'm outdated again and it shows me the update i just downloaded again.........and if i ignore that and want to play i suddenly have an older battleye version and that needs to be updated again..
>

> why isnt arma 2 updating properly??

Had the same problem on 2 pcs, on one repairing installation with steam helped, on the other nothing yet.

nightwolf

Sep 12, 2012, 4:55:53 AM9/12/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
i tried the repair installation but it still acts the same.i download the file...it installs itself but after that commander still says i'm using outdated version.....finding the file in my arma2 oa map and doing a manual install does nothing to solve this either.

zaidis...@yahoo.com

Sep 13, 2012, 8:24:54 PM9/13/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
On Sunday, September 9, 2012 1:19:14 AM UTC-7, nightwolf wrote:
> it says my arma 2 version is ready for an update but after i did that it refreshes and says i'm outdated again and it shows me the update i just downloaded again.........and if i ignore that and want to play i suddenly have an older battleye version and that needs to be updated again..
>

> why isnt arma 2 updating properly??

I have the same problem aswell...

dotjosh

Sep 14, 2012, 9:55:01 PM9/14/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
DayZCommander determines your arma2 version by looking at your [arma 2 OA installation directory]\Expansion\Beta\arma2oa.exe  (as detected in the settings panel of commander), and then looks at the product version.  You can see the product version by right-clicking the file (make sure it's the one in expansion\beta) in explorer, going to properties, details,

Let me know what you see and if commander is reporting something different than this.

zaidis...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2012, 11:48:41 PM9/14/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, September 14, 2012 6:55:01 PM UTC-7, dotjosh wrote:
> DayZCommander determines your arma2 version by looking at your [arma 2 OA installation directory]\Expansion\Beta\arma2oa.exe  (as detected in the settings panel of commander), and then looks at the product version.  You can see the product version by right-clicking the file (make sure it's the one in expansion\beta) in explorer, going to properties, details,
>

> Let me know what you see and if commander is reporting something different than this.

Ok it says i have the 96751 patch. I can load it up by using the arma2oa.exe and in game it says i have that patch. But when i load through commander/dayz it says i have 95248

zaidis...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2012, 11:50:06 PM9/14/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, September 14, 2012 6:55:01 PM UTC-7, dotjosh wrote:
> DayZCommander determines your arma2 version by looking at your [arma 2 OA installation directory]\Expansion\Beta\arma2oa.exe  (as detected in the settings panel of commander), and then looks at the product version.  You can see the product version by right-clicking the file (make sure it's the one in expansion\beta) in explorer, going to properties, details,
>

> Let me know what you see and if commander is reporting something different than this.

Oh my god josh. See this is why i waited. i knew you would fix it. It works with the new commander update! im donating some money right now.

zaidis...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2012, 11:51:31 PM9/14/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
Ok i dontated :)

dotjosh

Sep 15, 2012, 2:05:27 AM9/15/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, I'd hope you'd let me know I fixed it correctly - and thanks
for the donation!

Josh