Feature Request: Support for Multiple Profiles

ParamedicKermit

Sep 13, 2012, 6:56:19 PM9/13/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
It would be really great if DayZ Commander allowed you to choose what profile you wanted to launch into the game with and ran a script to change the CD keys in the registry (each profile would have a CD key "assigned" to it).  For those with multiple ARMA2:OA's and therefore DayZ "characters".

dotjosh

Sep 14, 2012, 10:00:54 PM9/14/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure why you'd need multiple cd keys, considering one cd key can create multiple profiles...

dlu...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2012, 8:47:42 AM9/15/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, September 14, 2012 10:00:54 PM UTC-4, dotjosh wrote:
> I'm not sure why you'd need multiple cd keys, considering one cd key can create multiple profiles...

For those people who have purchase multiple copies of the game during the Steam sale, it is possible to have multiple DayZ characters by switching the CD key in the registry. This is not the same as switching profiles in the game (as that only changes the appearance of the character, not the associated CD key). The CD key switch is fairly simple and just requires to replace whichever regedit the person wants to play as before launching the game. I guess the person above would like to have this automated.

ParamedicKermit

Sep 17, 2012, 12:14:09 PM9/17/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com, dlu...@gmail.com
Sorry, that's correct. I guess I wasn't clear enough about that.

Multiple CD Keys allow multiple DayZ characters.  It is a simple thing of running the "Merge" on the regedit shortcut before launching the game, but it would be cool to have this integrated into DayZ Commander.