Lingor island was working now all of a sudden isn't?

Brian

Sep 11, 2012, 2:52:12 PM9/11/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
I was playing on Lingor Island for a few minutes and had to shut down arma 2. Now whenever I try to join a lingor island I get a error that I'm missing files

deleted.brg_africa, mbg_buildings_2, ibr_plants, ibr_hangars, ibr_airports, dayz_lingor_code, dayz_lingor, dayz_lingor_weapons, dayz_lingor_equip, dayz_lingor_vehicles, irb_lingor, chn_crocodile

I thought, that's okay. I'll just delete all the lingor files I have and redownload it but when I delete all the lingor related files and folders DayZCommander checks the file integrity and it still doesn't work. DayZCommander doesn't seem to redownload all of the files because the file integrity check takes roughly 1 minute and if it was downloading all of them again it would take longer because lingor is roughly 500mb.

Brian

Sep 12, 2012, 6:59:19 AM9/12/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
No one?

krisf...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2012, 9:24:46 AM9/12/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
I have this problem when it comes to starting my private Bliss Lingor server but not when I start other people's Lingor Servers. I have to run a custom batch file to launch my DayZ client with -Mods pointing to the Lingor content. Strange...

dotjosh

Sep 12, 2012, 9:35:51 AM9/12/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
I think I know what the bug might be, I'll see if I can fix it soon.
It's related to not recognizing some lingor servers as lingor (because
they don't use @dayz_lingor as the mod folder on the server) so
commander launches with normal dayz params instead of lingor.

krisf...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2012, 1:23:05 PM9/12/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! Thanks for the reply!

191n...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2012, 7:56:33 PM9/12/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com

For what it's worth, my server uses @dayz_lingor (@dayz_lingor;@dayz_lingor_island;@blisslingor) and it still doesn't work. It also shows the dayz version as 0.3 instead of 0.34 and launches normal dayz instead of lingor.

IP/PORT: 199.195.198.140:2332

191n...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2012, 8:04:42 PM9/12/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com, 191n...@gmail.com

Here's what I've seen - this is a vilayer mod string from a query:
Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead;Arma 2: British Armed Forces (Lite);Arma 2: Private Military Company (Lite);@dayz_lingor;@dayz_lingor_island;@BlissLingor;Expansion;beta

This is a normal server's:
Arma 2: British Armed Forces (Lite);Arma 2: Private Military Company (Lite);beta;Expansion;Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead;Arma 2;DayZ Lingor 1.7.2.5/034;DayZ Lingor Island v034;@blisslingor

I'm not sure where vilayer got their files from but as far as I know they aren't the official lingor files, the official files show that mod string. I think Vilayer and possibly dayz commander are they are the ones doing it wrong (if you got your files from vilayer, which I think is the case) not the other way around.

191n...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2012, 1:49:05 PM9/15/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 9:36:07 AM UTC-4, dotjosh wrote:

Can you please fix this? I constantly get complaints from people who can't connect to the server.

dotjosh

Sep 15, 2012, 2:10:39 PM9/15/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
It looks like it's an issue with your server, it's not even in a "PLAYING" state.

191n...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2012, 2:38:45 PM9/15/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday, September 15, 2012 2:10:39 PM UTC-4, dotjosh wrote:
> It looks like it's an issue with your server, it's not even in a "PLAYING" state.

... I assure you it isn't an issue with my server, it's not in the playing state because nobody has joined it since it has restarted - and even if it wasn't in the playing state it shouldn't matter to your program.

I have joined the server and started the map so that it is in the 'playing' state and as you can see the problem persists and the names of the loaded mods are the same.

Try downloading the official lingor files from http://dayzlingor.tk/ and you will see that it works the same on that server and many others that aren't hosted with Vilayer.

191n...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2012, 5:45:58 PM9/15/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com, 191n...@gmail.com
Message has been deleted

erus...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2012, 9:24:25 PM9/15/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday, September 15, 2012 1:10:39 PM UTC-5, dotjosh wrote:
> It looks like it's an issue with your server, it's not even in a "PLAYING" state.

I'm encountering the same issue, I can connect just fine to my Vilayer Lingor server but am unable to connect to my bliss Lingor server using DayZ Commander. It constantly tells me I don't have the mod installed.

If I first launch into my Vilayer server though, then disconnect and connect to my bliss server it works fine and doesn't complain about the mod being missing.

Edit: initially I posted that my server was not displaying the "Playing" state in the in-game browser. That is incorrect, it is showing that state properly.

DofD

Sep 16, 2012, 6:28:04 AM9/16/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com, erus...@gmail.com
It seems like i have found the problem on my lingor server
Its very strange buts that was the solution to my problem:
I downloaded the official lingor files from dayzlingor.tk and started the server with the modfiles provided from there but that led to the problem, that dayzcommander didnt started the mods correctly so the population of my server went to 0
But then i tried following
I downloaded Lingor with the dayz commander and copied these files to the server folder and started the server with these lingor files
And it worked!?!
Since this point everyone was able to connect to my server from the commander?
dont ask me why but it worked!
Hope this helps you guys

Cheers

erus...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2012, 10:46:35 AM9/16/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com, erus...@gmail.com
That's cool and all, but everyone knows Vilayer worked with DayZ Commander to provide the ability to download the mod files directly through DZC. So it begs the question, why don't the official Lingor files identify correctly (it doesn't even show the correct version in DZC), yet if you use the download via DZC that presumably Vilayer has something to do with... it works fine. If I were a cynical guy, I might be inclined to think there's some kind of collusion going on here.

Upon further testing of this issue, you don't even have to CONNECT to a Vilayer Lingor server so long as you initially launch the game through one in the list. You can then immediately hit escape before you ever connect to the host, go to remote and plug in a server IP using the official Lingor files and it works perfectly fine.

So, in a nutshell. If you don't connect to a Vilayer Lingor server, DZC launches using incorrect mod settings. What the heck is going on here? If I were a cynical guy I might be inclined to think DZC is helping Vilayer out with a little anti-competitive boost.

dotjosh

Sep 16, 2012, 12:50:23 PM9/16/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
Holy lingor conspiracy theories Batman!

Okay, here are some facts I have so we can figure out what's going on.

1. To determine to launch with the Liingor mod files or not, Commander
looks for both "@dayz" and "lingor" somewhere in the mod string
returned from the server query.
2. If someone custom downloaded Lingor to their client, they MUST have
the mod directories NEXT to their @DayZ mod directory (as confgured in
the settings panel of commander). yes I know this sucks, and I want to
expand on it to make it more flexible.
3. Just to be sure the file contents were the same, 5 minutes ago, I
did a fresh download of the lingor files via http://dayzlingor.tk/,
and then did a byte-for-byte binary comparison with the files that
dayzcommander is distributing and they are 100% the same. Feel free
to do this as well.

So if commander is launching with the wrong parameters, you can use
process explorer
(http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx) to
figure out what's going on. Let commander start arma to play, and
then run process explorer and right click on the arma2 process and go
to properties. From there, look at the "Image" tab and you should see
the launch parameters Paste those here and we can diagnosis from
there.

Josh

191n...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2012, 7:18:16 PM9/16/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com

You are absolutely right - the files that dayz commander downloads are the same as the dayzlingor.tk official files - sorry about that. Whatever Vilayer is using to host their servers doesn't seem to be though.

This is what process explorer says were the launch parameters when you join one of the lingor servers that isn't working:
"C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -skipIntro -noSplash -noFilePatching -world=empty -connect=199.195.198.140 -port=2332 "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\ArmA 2;expansion;expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ"

As you can see it's just trying to run it with normal DayZ and not lingor. The issue is not with a bad client side install of lingor, it's with a bad server side install.

Some servers say this:

Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead;Arma 2: British Armed Forces (Lite);Arma 2: Private Military Company (Lite);@dayz_lingor;@dayz_lingor_island;@BlissLingor;Expansion;beta

Some servers say this:

Arma 2: British Armed Forces (Lite);Arma 2: Private Military Company (Lite);beta;Expansion;Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead;Arma 2;DayZ Lingor 1.7.2.5/034;DayZ Lingor Island v034;@blisslingor

I don't know why, and I can't explain it, but if you could just update dayz commander to handle both of them this problem would go away.

dotjosh

Sep 16, 2012, 8:00:58 PM9/16/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
Yep, I see the problem now. thanks for all the help - it'll be fixed
in tonight's commander release.

191n...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2012, 12:28:09 PM9/17/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
On Sunday, September 16, 2012 8:01:14 PM UTC-4, dotjosh wrote:
> Yep, I see the problem now. thanks for all the help - it'll be fixed
>
> in tonight's commander release.

Awesome, fix seems to have worked!