Flying Tomorrow

kaytude

May 30, 2021, 6:38:37 PM5/30/21
to midohio...@googlegroups.com, dayton...@googlegroups.com
I'm still planning on flying at Havener tomorrow by 10. Weather looks great  with temps from 60 to 70 and winds from 0 to 3. I will bring extra landing cones for those who want to practice for next weekend.

  Gilbert

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device

Barry Andersen

Jun 1, 2021, 10:56:31 AM6/1/21
to dayton...@googlegroups.com, midohio...@googlegroups.com
Everything looks great for this weekends contest at the Cincinnati Aeromodelers field.  AMA, ALES event.  Temperatures in the 80’s, light wind both days.  Plenty of shade at our field with trees and covered area.  Pilots meeting at 9 am first flight shortly after.
Two one day contests, the usual framed picture awards for first through fifth, one class only.

Camping on field is fine, electric available.

Barry Andersen

Barry Andersen

Jun 3, 2021, 7:35:46 PM6/3/21
to dayton...@googlegroups.com, midohio...@googlegroups.com
All,

It appears that the Army Corps of Engineers has let a huge amount of water out of Brookville Dam.  The river has gone from 6+ feet, to an expected peak of 11 feet.  That's right at the level where our road in might flood.  The peak will happen early tomorrow morning, 2am.  We will know for sure, tomorrow by noon, probably earlier.   Please check back and I'll post about the road  condition.  If it's passible, the rest of the weekend will be great.  ugh.....