4/01-02 contests

Edmund Perez

Mar 25, 2023, 12:30:58 PM3/25/23
to midohio...@googlegroups.com, dayton...@googlegroups.com
1 week until the first contest so let the weather watching begin.

Todd Anderson will be CDing the 4/1 F5J lite contest and Norm will be CDing ALES on 4/2 at Twin Towers park. It will be $20 for 1 day and $30 for both And that includes lunch and Pladalions. Pilots meeting will be at 9am on both days with flying to start right after the meeting. Here are the basic rules we will be going by.
F5J
- If you use an ALES CAM unit your height will be your launch hight plus 10%
- No varios
- 10 second launch window
- Flying over the 10 minute window will result in a zero landing.
- Throw out after 5 rounds
- Landing more than 75m from your tapes pin will be a zero flight

ALES
- varios Okay
- 10 second launch window
- 150m launch
- Landing more than 75m from your tapes pin will be a zero flight

Gilbert

Sent from my iPad

Norman Poti

Apr 1, 2023, 7:20:35 PM4/1/23
to Todd Anderson, JD Filkins, Edmund Perez, 'Mark Groves' via Mid Ohio Soaring Society, dayton...@googlegroups.com
Guys
The ALES contest scheduled tomorrow, Sunday 2 April, at Twin Towers will proceed as planned.  Pilots meeting at 9:00.  Weather forecast is for sun, with low winds, but cold.  Keep your batteries and thumbs worm.  I understand some individuals did not get the Saturday cancelation notice Todd sent out Thursday. Let JD know if you were one of those individuals.  Maybe he can figure out the issue.  See you tomorrow.
Norman

On Thu, Mar 30, 2023, 8:24 AM Todd Anderson <todd...@gmail.com> wrote:
The F5J lite contest scheduled for this Saturday is cancelled. Wind forecasts show 40 mph gusts. Please help spread the word.

--
Mid Ohio Soaring Society Events Calendar: https://www.google.com/calendar/render?cid=ujol3k8hii801...@group.calendar.google.com
---

Mid Ohio Soaring Society Events Calendar: https://www.google.com/calendar/render?cid=ujol3k8hii801...@group.calendar.google.com
---

Joseph Hochadel

Apr 1, 2023, 7:36:16 PM4/1/23
to dayton...@googlegroups.com, Todd Anderson, JD Filkins, Edmund Perez, 'Mark Groves' via Mid Ohio Soaring Society
I received the contest notification dated 3/25/23, but did not receive the notification about the cancellation dated 3/30/23.  Most likely it's because I have just recently rejoined the D.AR.T.S. club.  Please put my name and info into all the appropriate databases.  Thanks & see y'all on Sunday!

Please use this email address:  mr.jo...@gmail.com

Please delete my business email (if that's what you have):  rhythm....@gmail.com

Best regards,
Joe Hochadel
937-321-9301 (mobile)

JD Filkins

Apr 2, 2023, 5:19:57 PM4/2/23
to Norman Poti, Todd Anderson, Edmund Perez, 'Mark Groves' via Mid Ohio Soaring Society, dayton...@googlegroups.com
Pretty sure we've got it figured. Todd piggy-backed his message on a post from Norm that was directed at only certain individuals and not the entire list.

JD