Book Collection

Rick Gleitz

Feb 14, 2016, 10:11:57 AM2/14/16
to Dayton Diode
On Saturday I began putting our library into LibraryThing (www.librarything.com) using a CueCat barcode reader that I had sitting around. I've only done about 20 books/magazines, which are on top of the little bookshelf. I still have to do some work to the entries, like finding cover pics for the Make magazines (they're all the same ISBN). many of our books are too old to have an ISBN or have older ones which don't register.

If you want to check out the website, go to librarything.com and log in. The user name is DaytonDiode and the password is the same as the one for our Linux computer.

Let me know what your thoughts are on this. LibraryThing is free, but there might be something better. The CueCat was very easy to use but I don't know if other software will work with it, so we may need a different scanner if we go in a different direction.

Joseph Mckibben

Feb 14, 2016, 11:21:08 AM2/14/16
to Dayton Diode

That sounds cool. Once we get everything loaded is it possible to export the data?