Explicit SwapChain creation deprecated

Mark Sibly

Apr 21, 2024, 9:49:37 PMApr 21
to Dawn Graphics
Hi,

I recently synced my dawn fork and have started receiving this warning: "The explicit creation of a SwapChain object is deprecated and should be replaced by Surface configuration".

Looking around the code a bit, it looks like I now need to configure my surface and use it instead of a swap chain. Is this correct, is SwapChain completely gone?

Anyway, I tried this and I don't get any errors but it's not working either, the Present never seems to happen and I'm left with an empty white window. I've checked the surface texture status after Surface::GetTexture() and that's OK.

What am I doing wrong? Or is this still WIP or something?

Bye!
Mark

Corentin Wallez

Apr 23, 2024, 7:59:07 AMApr 23
to Mark Sibly, Dawn Graphics
Hey Mark,

Changing to use Surface is the correct thing, though there might still be bugs in that new code path. Please raise an issue with your detailed usecase so we can take a look at it.

Cheers,

Corentin

Mark Sibly

Apr 23, 2024, 4:55:30 PMApr 23
to Corentin Wallez, Dawn Graphics
Thanks Corentin, I have made an issue report, including the code in my project that has changed in case it's something obvious.