WebGPU examples crashing in canary on windows

Robert Conde

Mar 6, 2020, 10:44:26 AM3/6/20
to Dawn Graphics
Using the examples here: https://austineng.github.io/webgpu-samples/

--enable-unsafe-webgpu is enabled

Austin Eng

Mar 6, 2020, 2:43:01 PM3/6/20
to Dawn Graphics
Thanks for the report! Could you please file a bug on https://crbug.com/dawn and provide the details in about://gpu ?

Robert Conde

Mar 6, 2020, 5:27:26 PM3/6/20
to Dawn Graphics

Dominic Cerisano

Mar 6, 2020, 5:46:45 PM3/6/20
to Dawn Graphics
Looks like his system has an internal Intel GPU and also an external nVidia GPU.
Trying disabling either one. WebGPU should be selecting only the active GPU, could be a bug,

Austin Eng

Mar 6, 2020, 5:59:10 PM3/6/20
to Dawn Graphics
Yea, we have a known issue where Chrome needs to use the same GPU adapter that it's using for rendering the rest of the browser. We're not selecting correctly. See crbug.com/1036711

Robert Conde

Mar 7, 2020, 1:15:33 PM3/7/20
to Dawn Graphics
So - this is a laptop with an integrated intel chip, and a discrete nvidia chip. I tried disabling each of them in the device manager and then testing. When only the nvidia chip was enabled, it didn't crash - but i didn't get an image either. With the intel only enabled, it crashed at least some of the time.