Out of date docs?

Mark Sibly

Apr 17, 2024, 4:50:51 PMApr 17
to Dawn Graphics
Hi,

 A user just picked this up in the dawn repository:

This looks to be quite out of date as it claims "Dawn doesn't have a D3D11 backend at the moment" yet I am successfully using the D3D11 backend in 32 bit Windows builds because D3D12 is 'freezing' there for some users.

Could it be updated? It would be very useful to have an accurate idea of what is supported where. Based on user feedback, I'm currently having to use:

* Vulkan on 64 bit Windows 7. Surprised that works at all...
* D3D12 on 64 bit Windows 10.
 * D3D11 on 32 bit Windows 10 due to windowed mode freeze with D3D12.

Bye!
Mark

Corentin Wallez

Apr 23, 2024, 7:50:22 AMApr 23
to Mark Sibly, Dawn Graphics
Hey Mark,

The docs are indeed a bit out of date, however the D3D11 backend is definitely considered production ready. Windows 7 is not supported as it has been end-of-lifed 4 years ago. It would be interesting to have a bug report / stack traces / anything for the freeze on 32bit windows 10. Updated support.md a bit, though I think it should be expanded more.

Cheers,

Corentin