Here's what happened the last three weeks
(2019-02-19 to 2019-03-11)
- Kai's error handling proposals were merged in #198 and #238!
- The group agreed to keep the current binding model #188
- The group agrees on the general approach for descriptors with indices, needs more performance and usability investigation #186, #151
- "gpupresent" will be what's used for canvas.getContext() #131
- The gpu object is moved from window to navigator #217
- Buffer related sizes are now u64 #220
- Apple has a proposal for a lot of default values in the IDL #241
- David has opened several programming model issues.
Coding front for Dawn and WebGPU in Chromium:
- Implementation of WebGPU in Chromium:
- Austin landed the integration of dawn_wire in Chromium
- Corentin added support for IOSurface-backed SharedImage
- Additional Dawn features
- Brandon implemented the Debug marker APIs in Dawn
- Natasha added backend support for buffer.destroy()
- Corentin added support for importing IOSurfaces in Dawn's Metal backend
- Jiawei added most of the validation required for multisampling
- Maintenance and refactoring
- Jiawei removed the RenderPassDescriptorBuilder (only one builder to go!)
- Shaobo and Hao have fixed all Metal validation errors.
- Austin and Corentin started splitting the main BUILD.gn file to ease integration in Chromium.
- dawn_end2end_tests now print system information on startup.
- Mozilla made a nice blog post outlining the usefulness of WebGPU in native: The rise of wgpu