Here's what happened the last three weeks
(2019-01-29 to 2019-02-18)
- Kai proposed several updates to the error handling mechanism in #196 #197 #198
- Dean Jackson contributed a naming convention for vertex and texture formats close to Metal's #206
- The group agreed on initial semantics for swapchain present and Rafael Cintron updated the IDL to reflect it (as well as consensus at the F2F) in #207
- Corentin pushed many small fixes and improvements to the IDL
- Lots of debates on binding model changes to fit WHLSL's D3D11 model in #188
Coding front for Dawn and WebGPU in Chromium:
- Austin finished the initial split of dawn_wire in multiple files to make it more maintainable.
- Austin completed the investigation on how to implement the return channel in Chromium.
- Corentin implemented adapters on all backends.
- Yunchao kept Dawn's interface in sync with all tiny changes happening in the IDL.
- Bryan implemented SetSubData optimizations on all backends.
- Corentin implemented WebGPU error handling and change CommandBufferBuilder to be CommandBufferEncoder.
- Jiawei almost finished descriptorizing RenderPassDescriptor.
- Yunchao almost finished descriptorizing InputState
- The Mac AMD and NVIDIA bot were testing using the integrated GPU on the system. Corentin looking at it.
- Mozilla making good progress on their wgpu Rust crate: it is now able to draw a textured cube.