DSNC May Meeting

Zachary Yaro

May 3, 2024, 10:36:16 AMMay 3
to Davis Square Neighborhood Council
Thank you to everyone who made it to Monday's planning meeting!  The meeting notes are available in this doc (also linked from the website).

Some highlights include:
  • Elaine put together a new flyer design and offered to help with outreach
  • Joel started reaching out to Elm St. businesses and brought data about local properties and bus routes
  • We identified more physical and digital locations to spread the word about the DSNC

Looking ahead to our May planning meeting, the last Monday of this month (the 27th) is Memorial Day.  Does that work with everyone's schedules, or would you all rather meet the prior Monday (the 20th)?

Have a good weekend,
Zachary Yaro

Elaine Almquist

May 3, 2024, 5:58:10 PMMay 3
to Zachary Yaro, Davis Square Neighborhood Council
Thank you for the summary, Zachary! I could meet on the holiday or the week before, so I will leave it to others to decide if one works better than another.

Cheers,

Elaine

Erika Nesse

May 8, 2024, 12:04:29 PMMay 8
to Elaine Almquist, Zachary Yaro, Davis Square Neighborhood Council
I can make either day. Let me know when there's a poster ready and I can help distribute it!

--Erika

Ian Poyant

May 8, 2024, 2:14:13 PMMay 8
to Erika Nesse, Elaine Almquist, Zachary Yaro, Davis Square Neighborhood Council
Hi,

New person here. I could be down for either date. What time do you meet?

-Ian

Sent from my iPhone

Chris Borges

May 8, 2024, 11:43:21 PMMay 8
to Davis Square Neighborhood Council
Hello everyone,

     Chris Borges here, comrade of James who clued me in about this group. I can see that two dates have been proposed for a meeting, the 20th or the 27th ( I can make either I believe), however I'm curious whether this meeting would be at night or during the day.

Zachary Yaro

May 9, 2024, 1:15:53 AMMay 9
to Ian Poyant, Chris Borges, Davis Square Neighborhood Council

Hi Chris and Ian,

Our past meetings have been from 6-8 P.M., and unless there are strong objections I expect we will continue so folks (including myself) can make it after typical work hours and not be kept out too late.

Zachary Yaro

On Wed, 8 May 2024 at 23:43, Chris Borges <abdulrah...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everyone,

     Chris Borges here, comrade of James who clued me in about this group. I can see that two dates have been proposed for a meeting, the 20th or the 27th ( I can make either I believe), however I'm curious whether this meeting would be at night or during the day.

Zachary Yaro

May 20, 2024, 2:13:23 PMMay 20
to Davis Square Neighborhood Council
Since there wasn't a push to have it on the 20th, let's keep the meeting next Monday, the 27th, at 6:00 PMHead to this doc if you want to put anything on the agenda in advance of the meeting.

We had discussed last meeting that the library meeting room was difficult to find.  I recall we considered just meeting in Statue Park, and falling back to somewhere like Diesel Cafe if it rains.  I am certainly open to other suggestions, but otherwise, does that work for everyone?

Zachary Yaro

Chris Borges

May 21, 2024, 12:01:16 AMMay 21
to Davis Square Neighborhood Council
That sounds great, Statue Park in Davis Square at 6:00 pm, I'll be there

Rand Wilson

May 21, 2024, 3:19:53 PMMay 21
to Chris Borges, Davis Square Neighborhood Council
That's Memorial Day!  I'll be out-of-town.
Rand Wilson

Erika Nesse

May 24, 2024, 11:03:14 AMMay 24
to Elaine Almquist, Zachary Yaro, Davis Square Neighborhood Council
Hey Elaine,

Do you have that poster? I could fill in the details on it and distribute it.

--Erika

Zachary Yaro

May 24, 2024, 11:07:56 AMMay 24
to Erika Nesse, Elaine Almquist, Davis Square Neighborhood Council
Hey Erika,

If Elaine doesn't have that version finished yet, we can also use this previous design.

And here is a link to the GDoc version if you want to make a copy with your own edits.

Zachary Yaro

Elaine Almquist

May 24, 2024, 11:29:36 AMMay 24
to Zachary Yaro, Erika Nesse, Davis Square Neighborhood Council
Yes, I have it. Just give me a few minutes to update it with the new details and I'll send it over as a PDF.

Best,
Elaine

Elaine F. Almquist
(she/her/hers)

Twitter: @EAlmquist Instagram: @EFAlmquist
Phone: 978.375.2448

Elaine Almquist

May 24, 2024, 11:34:23 AMMay 24
to Zachary Yaro, Erika Nesse, Davis Square Neighborhood Council
Here you go!

Best,
Elaine

Elaine F. Almquist
(she/her/hers)

Twitter: @EAlmquist Instagram: @EFAlmquist
Phone: 978.375.2448

Davis Sq Neighborhood Assoc flyer.pdf

Erika Nesse

May 24, 2024, 4:25:09 PMMay 24
to Elaine Almquist, Zachary Yaro, Davis Square Neighborhood Council
I want to add a bit of text to the flyer to explain who we are and what we are about, but I'm not feeling eloquent, can anyone come up with that?

Ian Poyant

May 24, 2024, 5:23:18 PMMay 24
to Erika Nesse, Elaine Almquist, Zachary Yaro, Davis Square Neighborhood Council
“A group of Somerville/Davis Square residents who advocate for fellow residents and local businesses.”

How does that sound?
Sent from my iPhone

Erika Nesse

May 25, 2024, 7:40:13 PMMay 25
to Ian Poyant, Elaine Almquist, Zachary Yaro, Davis Square Neighborhood Council
I got some help from chatGPT, the final poster is attached.

I put it up in a bunch of places, Statue Park, Seven Hills Park, the community path, Diesel, etc. I have a bunch more copies if anyone wants one.

--Erika
Davis Sq Neighborhood Assoc flyer (1) (1).pdf

Elaine Almquist

May 27, 2024, 6:01:01 PMMay 27
to Erika Nesse, Ian Poyant, Zachary Yaro, Davis Square Neighborhood Council
I'm sitting at a picnic table facing Mr. Crepe.