DSNC Bylaws

Zachary Yaro

Feb 26, 2024, 3:58:13 AMFeb 26
to Davis Square Neighborhood Council
One of the to-dos we can work on while waiting for answers from Councilor Davis regarding our questions from last week's meeting is an initial draft of DSNC bylaws.

I started writing a draft the other day, using Union and Gilman's as a starting point.  Most of my changes were condensing wording and, where possible, being more explicit and to-the-point about who would do specified actions.  If others have the bandwidth to finish out this first draft, I would welcome the help, as I have a lot on my plate this week outside DSNC business.

One aspect of the bylaws doc we should definitely discuss further (here or in its own thread later) is the Vision/Mission/Values/Goals section.  As a very rough starting point, I had begun pulling in some that I think we are all on the same page about already from USNC's, and added some ideas of my own, but that section is very far from final.  I think identifying where we agree on what we want for Davis Square, what we see the mission of this NC as being (and what it isn't!), and the values we share, will help ensure we work together well despite coming into this with a variety of perspectives, stakes, and personal priorities!

Zachary Yaro

Zachary Yaro

Jun 27, 2024, 1:30:13 PM (11 days ago) Jun 27
to Davis Square Neighborhood Council
Hi all,

I wanted to bump this thread for the new folks who have gotten involved with our efforts in recent months.  Having a set of bylaws is one of the bigger tasks standing between where we are and being formally recognized by the city as a neighborhood council.

My original message (below) includes links to the GDoc where I started drafting DSNC bylaws, as well as the Union and Gilman Square Neighborhood Councils' bylaws I was using as a starting point.  As I said there, most of my changes were trying to make legalese more readable and to-the-point, but we may also want to discuss what our specific Vision/Mission/Values/Goals are.

Zachary Yaro