DSNC Outreach

Zachary Yaro

Mar 5, 2024, 3:42:18 AMMar 5
to Davis Square Neighborhood Council
One very necessary part of the neighborhood council formation process is reaching out to the community.  That can and should include include things like:
  • Knocking on/leaving flyers at doors
  • Hanging flyers in the square, local businesses with bulletin boards, etc.
  • Reaching out to local folks on social media (Nextdoor, local Facebook groups, etc.)
As some of you saw, I put one draft flyer design on GDrive.  We certainly don't need to use that or that general design direction, and I welcome input or other designs.  To keep the momentum rolling, I hope we can reach a consensus to print and distribute at least one design sometime this month!

If anyone has connections to good local in-person or online groups, please feel free to proactively reach out there or coordinate here first!

We all came together initially because we agreed we, the people who live and work here, shouldn't be left out of the loop on changes to Davis, so it is of course already in line with that mission to reach out to more people in the neighborhood, but hopefully it also connects others who can help with the neighborhood council formation project—many hands make light work.

Zachary Yaro
flyer_draft_screenshot.png

Zachary Yaro

Mar 7, 2024, 10:55:39 PMMar 7
to Davis Square Neighborhood Council, Rand Wilson
Here is a slightly updated version of the flyer draft with some suggestions Rand Wilson made.  Please let me know if you all have any further suggestions.  If we have consensus on a draft to post around Davis by early next week, I am hopeful I can make time to print and hang some myself.

Zachary Yaro

On Tue, 5 Mar 2024 at 09:05, Rand Wilson <rand....@gmail.com> wrote:
I think the headline should say
We live here
We should decide what happens here.
Then explain how forming the council give residents more power over decisions

Rand Wilson
3 Lester Terrace
Somerville, MA 02144

Jack Connolly

Mar 8, 2024, 11:17:35 AMMar 8
to Zachary Yaro, Davis Square Neighborhood Council, Rand Wilson
Hi Z

I like the flyer; Well done.
Thanks for your effforts and energy putting this together.

As  Ever,

--
Jack

 John M.  Connolly
17 Winslow Ave.
 Somerville MA 02144
mobile: 617-838-7077

Zachary Yaro

Mar 30, 2024, 2:33:09 PMMar 30
to Davis Square Neighborhood Council
As some of you may have seen, I started putting up flyers around Davis this past week, mostly around the square and in the library.  If anyone else has the time to put up more around the neighborhood or on community boards in local businesses, that would be great!  Here is a link to a PDF version for convenience.

Rand Wilson

Mar 30, 2024, 4:53:07 PMMar 30
to Zachary Yaro, Davis Square Neighborhood Council
We could ask the Ward 6 committee to email it out with a hyperlink to our ward listserv.
Rand Wilson

Elaine Almquist

Mar 30, 2024, 5:24:49 PMMar 30
to Rand Wilson, Zachary Yaro, Davis Square Neighborhood Council
I saw it and signed up today! I was happy to see Rand in the group as well. I have a printer, so if you send me the file, I'll print some and put them up as I'm around this week.

Cheers,
Elaine

Zachary Yaro

Apr 2, 2024, 2:07:39 PMApr 2
to Davis Square Neighborhood Council
Yes, for you and anyone else who wasn't in the thread when I sent it before, here is a link to a PDF version of the flyer.  And of course, if anyone wants to take initiative on other methods of outreach, go for it!

Best regards,
Zachary Yaro