Research about Honey Bees in Davis

Jenny Van Wyk

Jun 27, 2017, 9:51:51 PM6/27/17
to Davis
Hi all-

I'm interested in mapping out the locations of honey bee hives in Davis for a research project on HB behavior in urban/suburban settings. Are there any near you? If so, can you provide me with some general geographic information (e.g. street address)? We won't be harassing you, your neighbors, or your bees -  we would just need to stop by to assess hive density and put an x on our map of "Honey Bee Hives / Flower Patches of Davis".

 On a related note - if any of you know of any large (or small!) sunflower patches or accessible to the public urban gardens that have sunflowers that information would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!
Jenny