page break in R Markdown PDF document

Bonnie Dixon

Jun 10, 2014, 8:06:04 PM6/10/14
to davi...@googlegroups.com
While working on getting this R Markdown PDF document to look good, another question has come up.  Does anyone know how to create a page break?

Here is what the instructions say:

Horizontal Rule / Page Break

Three or more asterisks or dashes:

******

------

But I find that any combination of three or more asterisks or dashes that I try produces a horizontal rule, and I cannot figure out how to get a page break.

Bonnie

Dave Harris

Jun 10, 2014, 9:13:43 PM6/10/14
to davi...@googlegroups.com
Depending on exactly how you're making the PDF, this should work:

\pagebreak

It's actually a LaTeX command, rather than a Markdown one, but most of the markdown-to-pdf engines I've seen use LaTex and will accept it.

Dave

--
Check out our R resources at http://www.noamross.net/davis-r-users-group.html
---

Mike Covington

Bonnie Dixon

Jun 10, 2014, 11:46:39 PM6/10/14
to davi...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the LaTeX command worked.  The html command did not.  Thanks, guys!

Bonnie