Fw: The Rarest Blue

Uriel Frank

Dec 5, 2012, 4:51:14 PM12/5/12

----- Original Message -----
From: Baruch and Judy Sterman  Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 8:57 PM
Subject: The Rarest Blue

Dear Friends,

As we hope you know, our book, The Rarest Blue, is now officially out and available! We would like to thank so many of you for all of your encouragement and support in helping us reach this stage. We have attached below some of the reviews we’ve received so far.

We would especially like to share one bit of feedback that was particularly moving to us – by Dr. Kirsten Benkendorff, a biochemist from Southern Cross University in Australia, whose work regarding the murex snail we describe in the book.

A huge congratulations to you and Judy – the book is so well written and engaging that it is really hard to put down! And I learnt a lot – not only about the history – but more surprising to me was how many new insights I got from the chemistry and biology components – it was really so inspiring and of course has triggered a bunch of new ideas and questions…

It is  thrilling to us that a book about an ancient color was able to stimulate thoughts of new experiments and research ideas. Tekhelet is a topic that is meaningful, beautiful, and fascinating,  offering something unique to each person who delves in to it. We think The Rarest Blue would make the perfect Hanukkah gift, and it is our hope that the book can play a part in inspiring more people in a whole range of different directions.

If anyone knows of any publications venues that might be interested in reviewing the book, please let us know, and if you've read the book, please take a moment to review it on Amazon.

Wishing you a happy Hanukkah,

Baruch and Judy
www.therarestblue.com

  • “A story of science and religion, of craft and history.. The Rarest Blue is spellbinding... A wonderful book.”
    - Roald Hoffmann, winner of the Nobel Prize in Chemistry

  •  “The white combined with the blue tekhelet conveys the message that a mortal can indeed achieve a state of holiness and a truly spiritual life.”
    - Rabbi Abraham J. Twerski, M.D

  •  “You’ll love this Indiana Jones-style chemistry adventure: an enlightening hunt for the lost source of history’s most valuable dye."
    - Mental Floss Magazine, November 2012 Issue

  •  “The Rarest Blue is simply delightful. The material is crisp and clear – it reads incredibly smoothly and beautifully. ”
    - Rabbi Ari Enkin, Author and Editor at Torahmusings.com

  • “The Rarest Blue is truly a multi-disciplinary story, employs a genuine fusion of Torah and Science, accessible and useful to both scholar and layman.”
    - Rabbi Dr. Ari Zivotofsky, Bar Ilan Interdisciplinary Program in Brain Science

  •  “An amazing tale of historical sleuthing, told by a true storyteller who manages to capture both the drama and the magic of the quest for Biblical blue.”
    - Simcha Jacobovici, Emmy award winning journalist and director

  • “Expansive and fascinating … tackles a broad range of topics… the emphasis on Jewish traditions keeps it centered and illuminating.”
    - Booklist

unsubscribe forward