Fw: shlissel challah עוד נגד חלת מפתח - שליסל חלה

Uriel Frank

Apr 8, 2013, 4:49:53 PM4/8/13
 מתוך בלוג של הרב נתן סליפקין
מצוטט הרב צבי שכטר שהתנגד לסגולה זו שיש בה איסור לא תנחשו

Jr said...

Just heard a lecture on yutorah.org from R Hershel Schachter on segulos and superstitions.

He called this shlissel challah minhag "ridiculous", a violation of nichush, and told his wife not to "dare" do it.

April 20, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Yehudah P. said...

I really like your blog, because it gets to the bottom of why I am so bothered by the Shlisel Challah thing.

I've got 2 great segulas for parnassah:
1) Work
2) Be honest!!

My distaste for Shlisel Chalah is definitely compounded by the ridiculously unhealthy attitude towards work in the yeshiva world. In all my years in yeshiva I must have heard hundreds of Mussar Shmoozen about the severity of 2 minutes of Bitul Torah, but I cant recall 1 that dealt with the importance of integrity in business.

April 22, 2012 at 2:57 PM