Gremlin in the Machine

1 view

Donna Shelley

Mar 4, 2024, 2:48:10 PMMar 4
to DuPage Apple User Group
This would be funny if it wasn't such a waste of time.  You know I've had issues with getting my music onto the M2 mini.  Well after updating to Sonoma the library seemed to be coalescing in one place...sort of.  Lots of ? or ! in front of lots of songs.  So I reimported most tunes again.  The images were being replaced by snapshots of images that I wanted in there so that was holding ok, for now.  Then the fun began.  I looked in Albums to see if all the files were listed.  Some were, some were not.  So as I reimported those, I clicked to play them to see if they were the right copies...and I hear music coming from one of my other mini's.  Oh, great...my music was being shuttled off to another computer' s speakers.  What?  So I go into my settings on the M2 and it's listed to play thru my earphones...but it's not playing through my earphones.  I clicked other settings and then back to earphones...oh, then it started playing ok thru the M2.  Ah...gee.   So I go back to my "Album" list and check to see if they are listed correctly.  Nope.  Some  are missing one song and others are missing other songs.  I try to add the song to that playlist but when I go to "add to playlist" it is not listed as a playlist...yet it clearly shows a playlist present in the albums menu.  So I click on a song in one playlist and it disappears !  I click the next song and it too disappears !! Now I have 3 listings for the same album with a few songs in each....but not just one album.  If this weren't so ridiculous I'd laugh.  But someone is in my mini with an evil sense of humor and it is a big time waster.  I don't know anymore.  Going nuts over here and not enjoying it.  Just thought I'd brighten your day folks.  I did restart but it hasn't fixed anything.  Ahhhh.