monitor blinks out/in 10 times

Donna Shelley

Feb 18, 2024, 3:37:24 PMFeb 18
to DuPage Apple User Group
On my new M2 when I start up, the monitor has been blinking out/in more now than ever.  It used to be twice now it's up to 10 blackouts for a second then back in.  Between blink out number 9 and 10 the desktop did a shudder twice before blinking out on the 10th time.
What is that all about?

Donna Shelley

Feb 18, 2024, 10:45:20 PMFeb 18
to DuPage Apple User Group
More info on my message previous.  I even changed monitors and it does the same thing with the changed monitor...so I assume it's not the monitor.
I did a check (mac check where you shut down the computer and on the second or third chime you choose from menu) on the mini to see if there were any problems and it did not show any.
Just now when I started up the M2 for the third time today...it didn't do it.  But it usually does most times previous.

Donna Shelley

Feb 28, 2024, 12:09:10 PMFeb 28
to DuPage Apple User Group
I've looked online at what could possibly cause the monitor to blink out randomly.  One suggestion was to move the color profile to a different setting, which I did.  It did not
blink out.....right away.  But a day later it did just that all over again.  I'm including a pic of the color profile suggested for your understanding.  But if the problem is still persisting
then I need other advice.  Do you think I should take it in to an Apple store for repair...or?  It's my newest M2 Mac mini computer to date and it's the only one giving me issues.
Any further suggestions appreciated.   Donna
color profile.JPG

Landoverap

Feb 28, 2024, 12:48:16 PMFeb 28
to da...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Donna, have you tried the other display option? I trust you are using the Thunderbolt port for your display - do you get the same blinking if you use the HDMI display or vice versa?
It sounds like it is something with the M2 that needs to be addressed by Apple.
Phil

You can also follow us via Twitter at DuPageAUG

Participation in this email list is free. Membership in DAUG is also free as of 1/1/2016.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DuPage Apple User Group" group.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/daug/26b328ed-89e0-4c46-8e61-eb0e6a165a06n%40googlegroups.com
.

genr...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2024, 6:15:10 PMFeb 28
to da...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I’ve tried both thunderbolt ports, they behave equally the same with the same issues.  I have not tried the HDMI because my monitor cord has the
VGA to thunderbolt adapter style.  I can try switching the white thunderbolt adapters from the other mini (the M1)…and see if that is the issue.  Ok, I just switched the two nearly identical adapters…now I will wait to see if the issue keeps popping up. Hopefully it’s the white adapters fault…we’ll see.
 I’ll get back to you with my findings as I see them.
Thanks,
Donna

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "DuPage Apple User Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/daug/888654474.2122780.1709142431895%40mail.yahoo.com.