M2 Sonoma has owners disabled, can’t share

1 view

Donna Shelley

May 4, 2024, 8:16:55 AMMay 4
to DuPage Apple User Group
Sonoma has it where I have no permission to read and write.  Owners are disabled.
Cannot share with other computers on my network.  Tried Disc Repair…nothing changed.  Need help.
owners disabled.png

Jim Rietz

May 18, 2024, 10:39:44 AMMay 18
to DAUG Rietz
I always suggest not enabling File Vault. It causes more problems that is solves.

You took a screenshot of Disk Utility, and I'm not sure how you did that. You would need to restart holding the power button down to get to Startup Options (I believe) where you can run Disk Utility outside the boot drive. Repair there may work.

If not, you may need to contact Apple.

Let us know the outcome.

Jim

Jim Rietz