Game crashing

Rose L.

Sep 1, 2020, 12:37:12 AM9/1/20
to DAUG
Hello all. I need help please.
My favorite game for old iPad is Bejewled Stars. I updated it and it will not load and I must have had it open because it opens to one screen?
It is an app. not Facebook and I will loose progress if I delete and reinstall, even from cloud.

It's relaxing, please help.

Jim Rietz

Sep 1, 2020, 1:34:25 PM9/1/20
to DAUG Rietz
Hi Rose,

I'm sure if the update caused the app to crash, that they should have an update out quickly.

Have you checked for app updates from the App Store? Updating will not remove your progress. Does it have an email account you can setup? I don't like using FaceBook to access anything.

If you delete the app, your progress will be deleted also. Updating won't.

You can go to Settings / General / iPhone Storage, you should find your app listed. Click on it and you should see Offload App. This should leave all your data on the phone, but just remove the app. Once finished, you should see an iCloud icon around the icon. When you click on it, it will download and all should be back to normal, hopefully.

Of course, this is 2020.

Good luck and stay safe!

Jim

Rose L.

Sep 1, 2020, 2:07:05 PM9/1/20
to da...@googlegroups.com
Thanks,
It's an older iPad and no offload game setting. Looks like I'll have to wate for App update again.

If I would have linked it to FB would save progress. New option to save progress to my Apple user account. Can't access that, and when I can is that even safe for my Apple account to do?

Thank you

You can also follow us via Twitter at DuPageAUG

Participation in this email list is free. Membership in DAUG is also free as of 1/1/2016.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DuPage Apple User Group" group.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/daug/9B2B02F8-826C-4EA6-9938-37157BF48C58%40gmail.com
.

Jim Rietz

Sep 1, 2020, 3:48:15 PM9/1/20
to DAUG Rietz
If the iPad can't be updated, the only thing I would try would be to backup the iPad up to iCloud, erase, and restore from the backup. This will keep the preferences and will load a new fresh app. But before you do that, you need to look at what iOS version the new ones support. Older apps may not always be available for older iOSs.

Good luck.

Jim