My phone and computer were blocked from one specific web page this morning.

xzy909

Feb 1, 2024, 4:46:39 PMFeb 1
to DAUG
This morning I was not able to post on the website X, formerly known as twitter. I am a member.

Everything else seemed to be normal but I had errands to run and could not check it out until this afternoon.How on earth was somebody able to attack my equipment like that?

Can I et a anti virus protection for this problem?

Jim Rietz

Feb 1, 2024, 8:39:43 PMFeb 1
to DAUG Rietz
I'm not sure I understand. Why do you think someone attacked your Macintosh while you were gone? What symptoms do you have or did you see?

xzy909

Feb 2, 2024, 9:03:27 AMFeb 2
to DAUG
Apparently, I was kicked off of X for 24 hours for making a post that someone didn't like. I have been reinstated. The software at X is Stone Age. All is good now.
> --
> --
>
> You can also follow us via Twitter at DuPageAUG
>
> Participation in this email list is free. Membership in DAUG is also free as of 1/1/2016.
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DuPage Apple User Group" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/daug/A8FF327B-D725-47EE-A9AD-C861ADDFCF02%40gmail.com.

Rose L.

Feb 4, 2024, 12:14:43 PMFeb 4
to da...@googlegroups.com
My take on this: I wouldn’t take it personally. Many layoffs in programming/IT dept and entire company so there are more issues. Sometimes their computers misinterpret things too.
Also some people reading posts just enjoy shaking things up and causing a fuss.
It’s like FB/Meta ended up in facebook jail for a cat photo. lol.
Doesn’t always make sense but neither does life some days.
Good luck,
Rose