Orientation

Mary Bart

Apr 30, 2024, 12:55:57 AMApr 30
to DAUG
Hi,
Didn’t there used to be a way to change the orientation of your screen in the iPhone from Portrait mode to Landscape mode? Didn’t you use to be able to just turn the phone and the orientation would change? What happened to that? How do you do that now?
MaryBart

Landoverap

Apr 30, 2024, 8:44:27 AMApr 30
to da...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Mary, your phone still has the screen option you remember, but it sounds like you have locked the screen in the normal orientation. On the same control center screen where you turn on your flashlight, you will find a lock screen button to tap to lock or unlock your screen orientation. The button has a little padlock with a circle arrow around it. Try toggling it and see if you get your screen function back.
Phil

You can also follow us via Twitter at DuPageAUG

Participation in this email list is free. Membership in DAUG is also free as of 1/1/2016.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DuPage Apple User Group" group.

Mary Bart

Apr 30, 2024, 2:31:25 PMApr 30
to DAUG
Hi Phil,
    Took me half an hour to find the control center on my computer. (Refresher course might be due…..) But I DID find it, and got the change made, and can now turn my phone and the picture orientation too!
Thanks for the simple fix.
Mary

Jim Rietz

May 18, 2024, 10:24:14 AMMay 18
to DAUG Rietz
Depending on which model you have, some older iPhones may not support landscape. You may have locked the rotation which would make it not work also. Access Control panel (those with Home button swipe up from offscreen bottom and without home from offscreen top right down) will have the rotation button (lock with an arrow with an arrow going around). You can lock the current layout and unlock.

Hope this helps. Also, some apps may just not be able to rotate.

jim