question

Marilyn Peretti

Feb 13, 2023, 10:03:25 PM2/13/23
to DAUG Apple Users
My son did a bit of research on printers, including an article "Five best printers for Macs". It recommended Brother and Canon models, and we ended up deciding on the least expensive one. They had them at Staples too which is close. He spent a lot of time setting it up, and we printed some color pages on it.

Now I am trying to print a letter, and it either doesn't print at all, or, after I unplugged the connection to the Mac and replugged, the lights went on and it printed - sent a piece of paper through, but only had a short bit of the text on the paper. This is almost identical to how the older Epson was behaving. I am suspecting now that it is something inside the Mac that is causing the lack of printing.At System Pref the new Brother computer is selected - yes.

Has anyone ever known of this? And can you tell me more about it and what needs to be changed/repaired in the Mac to prevent this? This sounds like a goofy situation, to have the problem in the Mac. Just let me know of any experience you have with this.

My son won't be available again till probably the weekend. When he is available I'm sure he will come and confront this, but in the meantime, I'd like to address my question above.
Thanks,
Marilyn