Safari keeps spinning

1 view

Marscha J. Chenoweth

Nov 8, 2022, 10:15:24 AM11/8/22
to DuPage Apple Users Group, Marscha J. Chenoweth
Hi, All,

Recently when I open my Safari app it tries to open the website currently in the tab, but can’t and just keeps circling.  As a result I can’t use Safari at all. Suggestions? Thanks!

Marscha

You can also follow us via Twitter at DuPageAUG

Participation in this email list is free. Membership in DAUG is also free as of 1/1/2016.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DuPage Apple User Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/daug/E0A417FA-90CF-40EF-9BE0-9BF92B411F5A%40gmail.com.

Jim Rietz

Nov 10, 2022, 12:58:57 PM11/10/22
to DAUG Rietz
Hi Marscha,

Sorry to hear you are having some problems.

The spinning beach ball is displayed when something is working hard and has not completed. With Safari, it can be a couple of things.

1 - Your internet speed - You should know what you are paying for through your Internet Provider. If it is slow, the beach ball is being displayed as it is waiting for data to come to the page.

You can check your speed by going to Speedtest.net. If the speed there is not what you are paying for, you may be having a problem with your modem, router, or computer's connection to the router.

2 - Turn your Modem and Router off and back on. If they are a single device, there is no sequence. If they are separate, turn the modem on first and wait for its lights to stabilize. Then start the Router.

Check your speed.

3 - Quit Safari, restart your Mac, and test for speed again.

Restarting your Mac will clear its memory and should have the most impact. A fresh restart should give you the best speed.

Jim