Purchased Photoshop Elements on App Store, can't find serial #

Donna Shelley

Mar 27, 2023, 3:03:29 PM3/27/23
to DuPage Apple User Group
Wanted to get P. Elements for M1.  Did have it for older OS's but won't work on M1.  I went to App Store and purchased it for $99.xx.  I wanted to register the app on the Adobe site but I can't find the serial number anywhere in the app itself.  I looked under info, and everything on the App. nada.
It doesn't show that I purchased it on the Adobe site either.  I open up info on system info and it shows the serial as all X's.  I'm enclosing the xx pic, the info and the data sheet.
Not sure how to register it on the Adobe site without the serial number.  Why can't I get that from the App Store purchase?
Very confusing.
Adobe Ele. 2023.png
xx
adobe copied data.pages

Donna Shelley

Mar 27, 2023, 4:51:55 PM3/27/23
to DuPage Apple User Group
Well, I've spent hours on this problem and I've just decided to request a refund, which will take 48 hours to process from the App Store.  I checked on the purchase at the App Store and it said it was purchased today, but that there was no receipt.  So, I contacted Adobe and they said Apple would have all the info...which it does not (no receipt nor serial number).  So I will process this refund and then go back to Adobe and buy it, which I should have done in the first place. Ugh.
no receipt PE.png

Donna Shelley

Mar 28, 2023, 8:24:49 PM3/28/23
to DuPage Apple User Group
Hurray.  The App Store refunded $108.49 today.  Yay.  I went right over to Adobe and purchased Photoshop Elements from them without a problem.
And, guess what....I've got a receipt AND a serial number.  Yes!