GET LATEST CODE BEFORE POSTING A BUG

Ben McIntyre

Apr 28, 2011, 7:49:41 PM4/28/11
to Datejs - A JavaScript Date Library
date.js is a GREAT thing but it's not easy to get the latest rev.
The download link takes you to an old version with quite a few bugs.

Try: http://www.datejs.com/build/date.js
which is the link used on the DateJs site itself. This was found
through viewing page source. THIS file is kept up to date with the
latest.

We have hassled the owner of the site for about 2 years, but he is too
busy to update it and no-one else has the privs.

Ben

tunylund

Apr 29, 2011, 3:08:56 AM4/29/11
to Datejs - A JavaScript Date Library
uhhhh, smells like yet another open source project going adrift.

If the author of date.js is too busy, he could give update rights to
other developers who have the time to fix bugs and update the
releases. I thought that's what open source was all about anyway.

Ben McIntyre

May 1, 2011, 7:33:18 PM5/1/11
to Datejs - A JavaScript Date Library
Don't get me wrong, the state of the code I cited above is good. I
don't think there are many bugs at all, and the release has been
stable for several years. It's all 99.9% there.
The problem is that the download link points to a much earlier version
which is quite buggy.

The site owner still replies to forum qu's sometimes (Hi Geoffrey !),
but we haven't been able to prod him into updating the download link.
Please please please !

Just about every person who uses the library goes through the cycle
of
(1) download
(2) arg, doesn't work
(3) either give up or work out how to get the latest (eg. view page
source) after realising that the site sample page doesn't suffer from
the same bugs

It's a real pity for such a great library.

Ben