Why are there no releases?

ngd

Sep 14, 2010, 5:59:20 AM9/14/10
to Datejs - A JavaScript Date Library
I see there are no releases in the download section after 2007. I also
read that we have to download from SVN and do the build ourselves. Is
this library stable enough to be used in production environment?

Thanks.

geoffrey.mcgill

Sep 17, 2010, 12:43:57 PM9/17/10
to Datejs - A JavaScript Date Library
It's so stable it hasn't been updated in two years. ;)

Chris Pratt

Sep 17, 2010, 1:00:23 PM9/17/10
to dat...@googlegroups.com
It's very stable and usable, which is why it's doubly sad that there hasn't been a release in three years.  At least packaging up the stable code into a downloadable distribution would be a huge step forward.
  (*Chris*)

geoffrey.mcgill

Sep 17, 2010, 1:03:42 PM9/17/10
to Datejs - A JavaScript Date Library
> At least packaging up the stable code into a
> downloadable distribution would be a huge step forward.

Yes, agreed. This is a high priority for me. I lost some code which
automated this process, so I have to re-create and just haven't had
the time/opportunity to concentrate on replacing it.

On Sep 17, 11:00 am, Chris Pratt <thechrispr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's very stable and usable, which is why it's doubly sad that there hasn't
> been a release in three years.  At least packaging up the stable code into a
> downloadable distribution would be a huge step forward.
>   (*Chris*)
>

> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 2:59 AM, ngd <nikhil.daddi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I see there are no releases in the download section after 2007. I also
> > read that we have to download from SVN and do the build ourselves. Is
> > this library stable enough to be used in production environment?
>
> > Thanks.
>
> > --
> > .

Ben McIntyre

Sep 17, 2010, 9:22:28 PM9/17/10
to dat...@googlegroups.com
If it hasn't changed in two years, maybe just doing the build manually once
will get us out of trouble for another few years ?
:-)

Ben

> > datejs+s.com>

> > .
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/datejs?hl=en.

datejs+un...@googlegroups.com.

Peter Boughton

Oct 12, 2010, 10:24:49 AM10/12/10
to Datejs - A JavaScript Date Library
Or, at the very least, remove the "alpha" label from the code.

Clearly it's not alpha-quality code, but the label potentially may put
some people off using it.