heresy ? contribute datejs to jquery ?

Robert

Oct 5, 2010, 9:50:59 PM10/5/10
to Datejs - A JavaScript Date Library
Quick question: I just saw Microsoft is going to contribute three
plugins to jquery:
http://blog.jquery.com/2010/10/04/new-official-jquery-plugins-provide-templating-data-linking-and-globalization/

Their globalization plugin has localization files for 350 languages.

They also have a parseDate function (and a parseExact function, wonder
where they got that name from...;)
Anyway, their parseDate is very primitive compared to yours, which I
and plenty of other users love.

I wonder whether you would consider contributing datejs to jquery (and
whether jquery/the MS folks would go with it) - they could keep it in
sync with jquery and their efforts ?
It is such a useful library, hope you dont consider the thought
heretical :)

geoffrey.mcgill

Oct 6, 2010, 4:06:12 PM10/6/10
to Datejs - A JavaScript Date Library
I noticed the new globalization plugin, which I thought might be nice
to use instead of our own class. It's much more comprehensive.

Although disadvantage as it would add weight to the file size... and
I'd probably still have to fill in a few missing pieces.

> wonder where they got that name from...;

Actually, I got the function name .parseExact from .NET. They have a
good implementation of the Date/Time object in .NET, and some of
Datejs was inspired from C#.

On Oct 5, 7:50 pm, Robert <135...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Quick question: I just saw Microsoft is going to contribute three
> plugins to jquery:http://blog.jquery.com/2010/10/04/new-official-jquery-plugins-provide...

Robert

Oct 6, 2010, 7:26:43 PM10/6/10
to Datejs - A JavaScript Date Library
Yes they are comprehensive, but I love your flexible parser and also
the many other convenient date routines.
Combination would rock !