READ THIS BEFORE POSTING A BUG

Ben McIntyre

Jul 31, 2013, 7:05:53 PM7/31/13
to dat...@googlegroups.com
date.js is a GREAT thing but it's not easy to get the latest rev.
The download link takes you to an old version with quite a few bugs.

which is the link used on the DateJs site itself.  THIS file is kept up to date with the latest.

I have hassled the owner of the site for about 2 years, but he is too busy to update it and no-one else has the privs.

The state of the code in the above link is good.  I don't think there are many bugs at all, and the release has been stable for several years. It's all 99.9% there.
The problem is that the DateJs download link points to a much earlier version which is quite buggy.

Just about every person who uses the library goes through the cycle
of
(1) download
(2) arg, doesn't work
(3) either give up or work out how to get the latest (eg. view page source) after realising that the site sample page doesn't suffer from the same bugs

It's a real pity for such a great library.

Ben