Netbeans 11 survey deadline this Sunday, March 24th (Java EE support restored)

Philip Durbin

Mar 21, 2019, 7:36:57 AM3/21/19
to datave...@googlegroups.com
I'm still on Oracle Netbeans 8.2 because Java EE support "just works" and it's still the recommended version in our dev guide.

Apache Netbeans 11 is supposed to restore Java EE (Jakarta EE) support and they are running a survey for their release candidate with a deadline of this Sunday, March 24th. They mention testing deployment to Glassfish, specifically, which is a good sign. Please see below for details.

I captured the many manual steps I had to take in my attempts to get Netbeans 10 working with Glassfish at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/5431#issuecomment-451560705

My hope is that with Netbeans 11, everything just works*. If anyone out there has time to try out the release candidate and take the survey, I'm sure the Netbeans team would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Phil

* Including the Netbeans Connector Chrome Extension extension, without needing the workaround I posted about at https://groups.google.com/d/msg/dataverse-dev/agJZilD1l0Q/cMBkt5KDBQAJ