Migration checksum mismatch from PR #8413 (Flyway)

Philip Durbin

Feb 17, 2022, 1:38:29 PM2/17/22
to datave...@googlegroups.com
My Dear Devs,

(This doesn't apply to production releases. This is just for people working with the "develop" branch.)

Now that we've merged https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/pull/8413 it's expected that you won't be able to deploy. You'll probably see an error like this:

Exception while loading the app : javax.ejb.CreateException: Initialization failed for Singleton StartupFlywayMigrator
Caused by: org.flywaydb.core.api.FlywayException: Validate failed: Migration checksum mismatch for migration version 5.9.0.1

To fix this, you'll want to remove that row like this:

delete from flyway_schema_history where version='5.9.0.1';

Afterward, you should be able to deploy. The reason this happened is that we adjusted the SQL update above in that pull request. Not a big deal, but we just wanted to put out this heads up.

Thanks,

Phil

p.s. We provide similar advice when migration scripts are renamed: https://guides.dataverse.org/en/5.9/developers/sql-upgrade-scripts.html#renaming-sql-upgrade-scripts